If you are making shipments to the Canada, SwatchOn fabric import duties are completely free under the MFN (Most-Favoured-Nation) Tariff Rules. South Korea is included in the beneficiary country list of MFN.
What does this mean to you?
- There will be zero import duties if your SwatchOn order is shipped to Canada.
- You will only be charged for sales tax (GST*/PST**/HST***) in Canada to clear customs.
- And, as you may already know, these sales taxes can also be refunded from your government if you have a registered business in Canada.
*GST is a value-added tax levied by the Canadian federal government.
**PST is a sales tax levied by the individual province.
***HST is a value-added tax that is a blend of the PST and GST; it is collected by the Canadian Revenue Agency and disbursed to provinces.
Sales Tax rate by Province
1) Sales taxes are refundable from your government if you have a registered business.
2) PST may not be collected if you meet specific conditions required by your provincial government. Contact your provincial tax service department or your broker for additional information.
Example for Alberta
For example, if you set the shipping address in Alberta, you only need to pay 5% GST. So if the total product value is $605.5, you will be charged $30.28 for GST. If you have a registered business in Canada, you can get this amount (charged as GST) refunded by your government.
Every time you place a fabric order, we will estimate sales taxes for you during your check out process.