The most comprehensive way to search SwatchOn’s fabric library is by starting with Explore and then selecting “See All”
Next, you’ll see various filters you can search with – this helps you get really specific with your search:
What does each Filter mean?
- Fabric Type: Here, you select Knits or Wovens to begin
- Composition: This filters by material makeup of fabrics, such as Cork, Cotton, Linen, Nylon...etc.
- Usage Type: This is the clothing category the fabric is generally used for
- Characteristics: Begin here if you’re looking for specific fabrics like Pleated, Waxed, Reflective
- Color: A great place to start if you have a specific palette
- Weight and Width: Here you can select a range for fabric weight or fabric width you'd like
- Performance: This is where you can get specific with features like Anti-Microbial or Quick Dry
Start with filters: They’re a great way to find what you’re looking for on SwatchOn.
Utilize the Search Bar to find fabrics
Many of our members use the Search Bar to find fabrics. Jut type in what you’re looking for and hit “return” or "enter" and relevant options will appear in a drop down. Then, you can check the box next to all fabric options you’d like to see in your search.
This example shows what appears when you type in "Anti microbial"
Try Image Search (in the Search Bar!)
Please see our FAQ about Image Search...it's a great way to find fabrics visually!
Use Filters to see fabrics for Digital Printing
Interested in Digital Printing? You can create incredible custom prints and patterns for your next look on these 9 different fabric types:
Silk, Cotton Woven, Cotton Jersey, Wool, Linen, Viscose Rayon, Lining, Polyester
Check out the fabrics available for printing just by clicking the filter button for Digital Printing:
Use Filters to see fabrics that have 3D files available
When logged in to SwatchOn, just click here to see all 3D Fabrics
We offer nearly 1,000 3D fabric files, available for free for download. If you work in 3D design, such as with programs like CLO3D, this means you now have access to 3D fabric files that are “virtual twins” to our real-life fabric.
To see which fabrics also have 3D for download, just select the filter button for 3D Fabric File, and every fabric that also has a 3D Fabric File will appear.
Next, select a fabric quality (QL) you’d like, and then simply download the 3D Fabric.
Want to learn more about 3D fabrics?
Find out about our 3D fabrics here.