At SwatchOn, we make importing easy and simple.
We prepare all the customs forms and documents you need so that clearing your shipment through customs is seamless.
Customs Duty is Free for Canada
If you are making shipments to Canada, SwatchOn fabric Customs Duty is completely free under the MFN (Most-Favoured-Nation) Tariff Rules. South Korea is included in the beneficiary country list of MFN.
What does this mean to you?
- There will be zero customs duty if your SwatchOn order is shipped to Canada.
- You will only be charged for sales tax (GST*/PST**/HST***) in Canada to clear customs.
- And, as you may already know, these sales taxes can also be refunded from your government if you have a registered business in Canada.
Customs Duties/Taxes Estimation
Every time you place a fabric order, we will estimate sales tax for you during your check-out process.
Customs Duties/Taxes estimation example online:
Sales Tax Invoice Example
Let's say you're shipping to Alberta. You will be charged 5% GST, so if the total product value is $605.5, you will be charged $30.28 for GST. If you have a registered business in Canada, you can get this amount (charged as GST) refunded by your government.
Sales Tax rate by Province
1) Sales tax is refundable from your government if you have a registered business.
2) PST may not be collected if you meet specific conditions required by your provincial government. Contact your provincial tax service department or your broker for additional information.
*GST is a value-added tax levied by the Canadian federal government.
**PST is a sales tax levied by the individual province.
***HST is a value-added tax that is a blend of the PST and GST; it is collected by the Canadian Revenue Agency and disbursed to provinces.